Saturday, February 18, 2006

More cooking accidents with Kathi

OK, I decided for some unknown reason last night to  make a Brown Sugar Pound Cake'.....something I haven't made in like 10 years. I mixed it up by hand(forgot I don't have a mixer!) and put it in a 9 x 13 pan and popped it in the oven. The recipe said to cook for an hour and a half.

Went out to play Trivial Pursuit with Kyle and April in the living room. After awhile, Kyle kept saying 'is something burning?"

Yes, something WAS burning! My batter had risen up over the sides of the pan and was dripping onto the bottom of the oven.

Darn it....now I need oven cleaner. and I of course didn't get any brown sugar pound cake!

And I started cracking up while I was trying to clean up the bottom of the oven some, and dumping the hideous batter......because Kyle said'well, you just know Mom is gonna blog about this!'

No comments: