Sunday, May 21, 2006

JULY 4th PROJECTS--They're All Around!:)

I am going to mention again 3 different projects that you might be interested in getting involved in. I know....July 4th seems far away, but the troop supporters doing these projects need to have time to review the cards, and get them boxed up with whatever else they are sending.......and mail them by June 16th, to ensure that they arrive in time!

Kat at Yikes! is organizing OPERATION:THANKS FOR FREEDOM

 

She says:  Let's show our troops we love and support them!!!! Let's celebrate freedom and those who protect that freedom for us! For the next several weeks, I will be collecting cards to send to troops stationed in high-combat areas in Iraq. Mail from home helps to keep our troops' morale strong, making a very real difference in their lives! If you wish to participate in the Operation: Thanks for Freedom! Fourth of July card drive, please send cards to the address below:

Mrs. Kat Orr
Operation: Thanks for Freedom!
740 Thompson Lane
Loganville, GA 30052


The cards can be handmade or store-bought... for that matter, they don't even have to be cards; a hand-written or typed letter is just as wonderful! Let's all band together and overwhelm our heroes with support!!!!!

You may also send emails of support and encouragement to the following email address: THANKS_4_FREEDOM@YAHOO.COM . Any e-mail received to this e-mail account will be printed and mailed, together with the all the other cards. If you have any questions about this campaign, please e-mail me at me at the above address.


**ALL CARDS AND EMAILS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, JUNE 16, 2006**

**IMPORTANT NOTE: This is not a "dating service" of any type. Please do not send suggestive or otherwise inappropriate cards or pictures. I will be reading and screening every Card received to ensure that the above guidelines are adhered to (please don't seal the envelopes, by the way)! Any card deemed inappropriate will not be sent! Remember: This is strictly to let the troops know that we love them, we are proud of them and that we HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN them!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proudfan at Freedom Isn't Free is also organizing a card drive....
 
 
and she says:
 I have started a new project and need your help.
I am trying to get together a bunch of cards to send over to Iraq to give to the Redbull soldiers, aka Desert Bulls, that my blog was started in honor of.
These men and women deserve the best support that we can offer them, and I am asking that you will help me to honor them this Independence Day by assisting me in filling care packages to them with cards and letters of support, hope, and thanks. I realize that this doesn't give everyone a lot of time to go out and buy cards or write letters, but it is important enough to me that I know I have to try. If you are willing to help me to honor these men and women please send all cards and letters for them to me so I can pass them on.

~proudfan


The sooner the better! If you are willing and able to help out - please send all cards and letters to me at the following address by June 16th:

Tabitha McCoy
PO Box 143
Chilhowee, MO 64733
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
And,the Family Readiness Group Leader of the 1016th
is ALSO trying to get together a Fourth of July mailing to the unit  If you would like to send a postcard ,card,or letter to "Any Soldier"?You can send them to:   
    
Carla TenEyck
339 Gladstone Street
Idaho Falls ID  83401
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
You can mail cards or letters to any or all of them! I found red,white and blue "stars and stripes" 'thank you' cards at the dollar store,so it doesn't have to cost a lot.Or, you could always send postcards from your home state,I've had more than one soldier tell me that  picture postcards feel like they are getting a little bit of 'home' in the mail:)
 
Throw a bunch of post cards or cards in a mailing envelope...or, just send one card or letter or post card. How many you send doesn't matter (although the more the merrier:)the important thing is here are three great ways to let some soldiers know that you appreciate them, and that they are being thought of by folks back here.
 
So, why not START YOUR FOURTH OF JULY CELEBRATION EARLY,and get something in the mail today? to any or all of these wonderful ladies
(and pass the word on to all your friends!)
 
THANKS A BUNCH!

No comments: