Friday, March 24, 2006

Why I love the Internet:)

Ok, this is why I love the Internet,lol. I was over at A Soldiers Perspective

 
reading the post about the 3 hostages.So I leave a comment, and then end up clicking on the page of the comment underneath mine, and come across THIS page
 
 
which is totally cool!So I send her a quick message and she replies, and you'll notice she's listed under 'Friends' now.(Sorry AOL readers, she's 'Cindy' on my Yahoo 360 page) I'm in the process of going back and reading her archives, but I want her book!
 
And speaking of the 'Friends' section, Missy is back, with a cool link to a video on her blast.(sorry,aol readers, I copied this from my yahoo 360 page....you'd have to go there to click on Missy)
(That's Luke Stricklin singing, folks, wish THAT song had been on his album)
 
 since I'm now speaking of bands, here's a link to a band with a great song thanking the troops.   http://www.korybrunsonband.com/   (Click on the flag on the left on their page for the song)
 
 
and let's not forget "Iraq Unplugged"   http://www.iraq-songs.com/
 
and how did y'all like Hooah! radio? http://www.hooahradio.com/
 
Another place I've been tonight is AOL's poll about the media coverage of the Iraq war.
 
I happened to catch the Anderson Cooper 360 show last night with Hugh Hewitt
and Michael Yon
 
Here's the transcript,you have to scroll down a little on it
 
I'm tired of the negative media bias towards America...that's just my perspective, but I have personally thought for quite awhile that the MSM views a little ole American patriot who supports the troops like myself...with complete and utter contempt. Yay! for President Bush recommending blogs to get the news....I've been doing that for the past two years.
 
And now to get back to where I began....I am joyous that the other 3 CPT hostages were rescued, but appalled that they couldn't even be bothered to say a 'thank you' publicly to the military for rescuing them.
 
Excerpts from a news article about the rescue:
Speaking in Toronto, Doug Pritchard, co-director of the Christian Peacemakers Teams, said no shots were fired and that the kidnappers were not present when the US-British-Iraqi force freed the hostages.
“Our hearts are filled with joy today as we heard that Harmeet Singh Sooden, Jim Loney and Norman Kember have been safely released
(not...."were rescued today"...?just my thought on the phrasing there.K)
in Baghdad,” Pritchard told a news conference, but he added: “We remember with tears Tom Fox. ... We had longed for the day when all four men would be released together. Our gladness today is bittersweet by the fact that Tom is not alive to join his colleagues in the celebration.”

Pritchard said that the former hostages “knew that their only protection was in the power of the love of God and of their Iraqi and international co-workers”.

“We believe that the illegal occupation of Iraq by multinational forces is the root cause of the insecurity which led to this kidnapping and so much pain and suffering in Iraq today,” he said. “The occupation must end.”
 
 
The emphases are mine in block letters....talk about thumbing your nose at your rescuers!Sheesh!And I'm kind of disturbed that there seems to be an element of 'contempt' from a 'Christian' Peacekeeping team?Did I miss something in Sunday school?
So, it looks like the guy who wrote the letter to the editor that I posted earlier got an answer to his question...."Is your piety so one sided that you have no care and concern for those who may disagree with your viewpoint, yet have risked and may have even given their lives to save the life of your friend?"
(I'm reading the statements made today by CPT as a 'Yes' to that question.)
 
And I won't post this sort of thing on my Mail Call! blog, because I don't want to muddy the message about supporting the troops.So I'll be 'vanilla' there,lol, and just my regular old snarky self here. Aren't you lucky, faithful readers?
 
Well, I'm off to more Internet adventures nowImage
 
Friday.Update  
well,some people know who to thank, it appears. This was in our paper today.

No comments: