Sunday, January 1, 2006

January 1,2006

I have almost reached the 100 letter mark! on writing to those deployed. I have received back a number of interesting letters from people I never would have met otherwise, and I even got a New Year's comment posted on milblogging.com (thanks,JP!:)

This is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done, but it's not about 'me', it's about supporting our troops:)

Just had to hit the soapbox again about my favorite subject! Please consider going to America supports you website and finding something you can do, if this interests you.

In other news....Mom sent Tastefully simple stuff for Christmas to me, and there were several bread mixes to try. Kyle has a breadmaker which he wanted to use.....ROFL, I wish you could've heard Tony when he discovered that the breadmaker would take THREE HOURS to cook something that we could've cooked in under an hour in the oven!!!My family so frequently cracks me up!

April went to First Night with Ken and Lynn, but I was not that interested as they did not seem to have as many acts booked this year. She DID get to stomp on bubble wrap which I think would have been really cool, but was limited to children. (Tony said 'hey, age discrimination'!)

Tony and I decided to just stay home and watch movies. 'The Great Raid' was pretty good, it's based on a book I read 3 years ago called 'Ghost Soldiers' by Hampton Sides. It's a true story of a Ranger mission to rescue American POW's in a Japanese camp on Bataan. The book was better (isn't it always?:) but while they were rolling the credits they were showing actual black and white footage of the rescued POWS and the Rangers, and the POWS entry into San Francisco....I just started bawling my eyes out.

Mr.and Mrs. Smith was so boring and predictable that we actually quit watching it before the end! We just didn't care!

I bailed on watching Devil's Rejects and Dukes of Hazzard, so I of course got on the computer:)

And that's another exciting chapter in our lives....Happy New Year to all!

No comments: