Thursday, January 5, 2006

Jan. 5, 2006

Well, I am just pretty darn discouraged. After my back not feeling too bad for the past week, took down the Christmas tree yesterday, which is not THAT much extra and it went back into spasms. I had to go to the doctor this morning to get a release for work thing signed if I am applying for unemployment....but he put me under the restrictions of no bending,twisting, or lifting greater than 20 lbs. for 3 more weeks !

And then I return to him, I told him I was discouraged and he said it can take 6 weeks or longer for a back injury to heal, and that it's only been a month...but that I WILL heal he does not beleive it is a disk or anything.Plus, this was my second injury in less than 6 months. And when I injured my back the first time at work, their doc told me the same thing....that it can take 6 weeks to heal, but at the time he put me on prednisone to 'compress the healing time', but my doc does not want to use steroids as this is the second injury.

Unemployment place was snarky, like that would be a big surprise.I beleive work is disputing my claim, so I have to have a phone thingy on the 17th. Plus, they have not sent me what they are supposed to.(unemployment commisssion).This guy talked to me like I was a 3 year old, I finally said 'you know, I am NOT an idiot". I may be in a catch 22 here...I only qualify for unemployment if I'm able to work without undue restrictions.

I am certain no one in nursing will hire me while I do not have a full release. I AM going to check tomorrow on doing sesonal tax work, that would just be sitting and I LIKE doing taxes. Unemployment guy said 'you have to be looking for full time 40 hrs a week work" well, really, skippy? I also have mouths to feed, etc. I beleive they are going to deny my claim anyway, so I am more worried about getting money in than about their ridiculous rules, etc. So we should become homeless and foodless just on the off chance that they MIGHT approve my claim????

And taking temp seasonal work would give me more room for further healing and for job hunting without that desperate'I need a job' look in my eyes. Plus I won't be tempted(like I was this last time) to take a job that I really don't want long term.All that got me was...yee ha... the first back injury, and the experience of being 'removed from payroll' three days before Christmas.

Well, I don't want to write the 'most depressing blog entry ever'...just updating everyone.

Did anyone see the New Year's story about rituals that kids have for snow days?They had a pic of 2 girls throwing ice cubes into a toilet! in an effort to influence the weather and get a snow day? HOW do you come up with THAT idea "if you build it, they will come"....."if you throw ice cubes in the toilet, it will snow????????????"I don't beleive they are from Maine, although it ranks up there with the beach ball story.

And why would you want the ENTIRE NATION to know this is what your kids do?????"My child is a Phi Beta Kappa"....."oh, yeah, well my kid got his pic in the paper for throwing ice cubes into a toilet">

And imagine going back to school after your picture was in the paper for that. People are so funny.

No comments: