Sunday, November 13, 2005

The results

Well, the 'Canned Hamlet' crowd got a 'silver' which April found disappointing, as the previous six years THMS won a 'gold'. She was also upset as the name of her character was on the critique from the judges for her lines being muffled by her mask. We tried to explain to her that that wasn't really her fault, as she had tried to tell the drama teacher that she thought the mask was muffling her lines. And that just because her name was on it, that was just problems with her CHARACTER, not anything that SHE did wrong.

I still think it was a great play, & I,too, was upset that they focused on the difficulty hearing some of her lines...because I still think she did a great job with her gestures & body language.

and they DID win a silver!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, she and I had IM'd yesterday and she told me.  How many schools in all participated, any idea?  I think it was great that they got silver.  You gave her a good explanation, it was not her fault the mask muffled her lines.