Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Card Showers:)

Awhile back, I sent out an email that an Australian friend was having a card shower for her grandson,Clayton.(Here he is pictured holding his new baby sister,Serenity.)

You can see my friend's blog post here

Click here: Yahoo!7 360° - charlee_rd's Blog - Entry for 30 June 2007 "Friends"

and the address is:

Clayton Woodham

P.O. Box 505

Bateman's Bay

NSW 2536  

Australia

-----------

My friend's grandson is autistic.

When my Uncle Don in NH opened the email about the card shower, he was inspired to respond....because he has been spending time mentoring an autistic son of a co-worker, named Zack.

I was not at all aware that Uncle Don was mentoring this young man, until he sent a 'Reply All' email detailing some of his experiences of spending time with this young man, and the joy that has added to his life.

One of the good Soldiers Angels ladies that I know who received that email reply from Don, promptly responded with the idea that we also all do a card shower for Zack.

Don checked with Zack's mother and got her permission, and the address to send post cards for Zack is:

Zack

c/o Don McNulty

33 Gunstock Rd.

Gilford,NH 03246

(and please be aware that Zack is a huge fan of Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and anything Godzilla or dinosaur related:)

----------

It costs 90 cents to send a postcard to Australia, and 26 cents to send a domestic postcard. Won't you please consider sending postcards to these two young men?

Thank you so much!

(and feel free to spread the word:)

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have spread the word:)  I HOPE to actually send a snailmail postcard.  I'm horribly bad with coordinating myself enough to snailmail anything, but for this, I am trying!  

Anonymous said...

Thanks,Robin...I know you're spreading the word, which is especially nice with everything on your plate right now!!
I talked to Uncle Don last night, and got his OK to do this as a blog post,too, besides the emails sent.
Let the showers begin!! :)
(I have to send my own postcard to Zack today,already sent to Clayton the other week)
Kathi

Anonymous said...

I got Clayton added to my postcard list, thanks for sending me your link :)
HUGS
Ang

Anonymous said...

Thank YOU!! :)
Kathi

Anonymous said...

I have six postcards for Clayton. Three are already sent, each note adding to what the previous one pictured and said about New Hampshire. I also have a card going to Zack directly, so mine will be the first one he gets. I will deliver the others to him in batches as I receive them. I have 5 so far, so let's get on the stick, folks, and get those cards a-comin'! Zack loves mail!