Thursday, August 2, 2007

The "Dork Adventures" Continue

Yesterday, I  mentioned that April and I were going to go swimming.

Several things happened that, sadly, I know fall into the category of "it could only happen to me."

(but, on the bright side? it's more material for letters to soldiers,LOL:)

First of all, we had gotten the air pump back from the person who borrowed it, and the top part of the pool needed some more air. I hooked up the air pump and happily stood there for several minutes enjoying the sunshine :)

Until, of course, I realized that I had hooked up the air pump Backwards, and so I wasn't putting air Into the pool......I was letting air OUT!

But wait....there's more!

I had recently spoken with the neighbors next door, who have a little girl, and told them I'd invite them over next time we swam. So, I did, and the mother and daughter came over.

We had a nice time swimming....it all turned ugly when they went to Leave.

We have locks on both the gates on the fence since we put the pool in, and so to get to the pool you have to go down the stairs and out through the basement. When they were ready to leave, April and I walked up the steps with them and discovered....we couldn't open the doorknob on the door at the top of the steps!

(we'd been having more and more difficulty using this doorknob prior to this.)

April ran back downstairs as I unsuccessfully kept trying to turn the doorknob and get the door open. We couldn't use our keys to unlock the fence gates as, you guessed it...the keys were on the Other side of the stubborn basement door.  So, April (Miss Resourceful:) was getting the pool ladder out of the pool, to use it to try and climb over our fence...when, thank goodness, her Dad drove up.

She hollered over the fence at him and tried to explain that he needed to come let us out. I'm not sure he understood exactly what she was trying to say? since 'we're trapped in the basement,come let us out" yelled over the fence didn't really seem to make much sense to him? :) but,eventually, he understood and came inside to open the door.

Only, it wouldn't open for Him,either!!

Now, he was going back out to the truck to get tools to try and turn the doorknob, my neighbors are looking more panicked, and I am disgusted at this point, calling out to April "Just tell your Dad to throw the keys to you, and we're going out the fence gate!" because I have just given up on ever getting out the door.

We got out the fence gate, and my neighbors left. (do you think they'll ever come back?LOL) and as it turned out, Tony never could get the doorknob turned and finally had to take it completely Off in order for us to be able to use the door.

After he did, he turned to me and said "Between you getting locked  in the shed like you did back in Feb, and now getting locked in our own basement? I'm not sure it's safe to let you go ANYWHERE, even in our own House!!"

And that was my latest dork adventure :)

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, have you thought about writing a book, or at least a humor column for the local newspaper ( I think Uncle Ken might give you an "in" there)? On the other hand, either of those might get you committed... Hmmm, better think on that first.

Of course, you realize that this advice is coming from your uncle who has similar experiences in the ER and PT and the like. I guess it just proves we are related, although sometimes neither one of us may want to claim that!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!  Yeah, i wonder if your neighbors will come back!!  ROTFLMAO

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO.  Oh, my.  I'm cracking up here (but, um, trying to keep it stifled).  :)