Monday, September 25, 2006

Saturday was nice:)

Emma and Aiden came over while Ben was working, to watch movies. I think I forgot to mention that Emma and Ben gave me a subscription to NetFlix, and are paying for it for awhile as a gift. THANK YOU BEN AND EMMA!!

Kyle and April are disgusted with me,lol, because I ordered some DOCUMENTARIES that I have been wanting to see for awhile....Kyle said "don't you have any REAL movies on your list????"

Emma had gotten Flight 93, because I hadn't seen it yet.  If you haven't? I urge you to consider it.  It was profoundly moving, and of course we cried. I don't think I could ever watch it again, same as with Black Hawk Down...I saw that once, and don't think I could ever watch it again. (and yet I can watch Band of Brothers over and over, and also have watched 'We Were Soldiers.." several times....go figure???)

Anyway, my first Netflix I had ordered was the 9/11 documentary by the two French brothers. April and I had watched it 6 months after 9/11 on television, and Emma said she had watched it then,also.  But I wanted to get it because they said they had updated interviews and stuff.  It seemed appropriate to watch it after Flight 93. I still think it is the best thing to watch about the WTC because the guy was actually filming inside when the building came down.

But it did start me thinking, after we watched it. Is there any movie or documentary about what happened at the Pentagon that day? I haven't seemed to come across one.

My other Netflix documentary was Occupation Dreamtime, which was filmed in 2004 with the soldiers of the 82nd Airborne. It was OK, I guess on a par with Gunner Palace, which I already had, but I had thought it would be different or better.

Some other Neftflix stuff I have pending is Baghdad ER, since I don't have HBO. I DID actually put some movies on my Queu list, and invited April and Kyle to do the same. I have never seen 'Lost in Translation'. Can't think of the others, but darn April ordered like 2 million episodes of CSI...since they come two at a time, we should be able to start ordering movies again next year,lol.

And all during our 'movie marathon', I also got to cuddle and play with the cutest grandbaby in the world:)

And that was our Saturday:)

No comments: