Monday, August 1, 2011

down Memory Lane,via the Radio

there are a few songs that when I hear them on the radio, I'm instantly transported back to a specific time and place ...heard one of them coming home from work the other day, which prompted this post.

Whenever I hear either of these songs, I'm back in 1996, on the biggest vacation I ever as a single mom took my 3 kids on, to Florida for Thanksgiving that year. Both of these songs came on while I was in the middle of a 10 hour drive (which I hadn't realized would take that long!) to get to a particular Holiday Inn on the way back home, for our last night on the road....the kids and I all joined in singing along with both of these, and this memory always makes me smile ...(and,lol, I asked one of my son's before I posted this if he remembered any of this and he said 'nope', which just goes to show ya..one of my fave memories, and who else recalls it but me? :)


(and the second song, I can't embed...but here's the link to The Village People:Y.M.C.A. )

------------------

The other two songs are from when my daughter and I were traveling back to Virginia from MN in 2001, and were stuck in a traffic jam on the outskirts of Chicago. Hearing either one of these takes me back to singing along to them with my daughter...






(yes, we have eclectic music tastes, lol....everything from hip hop to bluegrass, and all points in between..except Opera)




What songs take You back ?

1 comment:

Helen said...

I would have to go way back to remember any that were popular in my day. Helen