Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Our dog might think she's a cat :)

Both the cats spend a lot of time perched on the top of the love seats or the couch (particularly since we got Brownie,lol) and so, Brownie thinks it's the place for her to lie down to take a nap,too.....even though she's getting bigger every day.

I'm waiting for the day she falls off,lol.

Even with the 'chewing', it's fun to have a puppy around the house. And, we're getting more Exercise,lol........Brownie and I woke up this morning and went for a walk even before the newspapers were delivered! (and when I say 'walk', I mean Brownie Runs, and I walk Very Fast, to keep up :)

Off to the dentist this morning, to see if I can get this terrible toothache I've had for the past week + taken care of. Then off to work.....about 9 more days left at the old job, and then I start the new job July 7th.

Was sad to see George Carlin passed away. When I was growing up, I was the babysitter for my younger siblings, and I watched a lot of late night TV in the 70's. Used to always watch Johny Carson, and it was on there that I caught one of George Carlin's appearances and my favorite line from his routine was "Have you ever thought about what people would look like, if their molars were in the Front of their mouth?" (or something like that) anyway, I remember cracking up, at the mental pictures that brought to mind :) and ever after, when I'd see George Carlin's name, I thought of that line, and smiled.

(I know, he was famous for so much more......but we all have our memories:)

Watching TV the other night, I saw that Monty Python's Flying Circus was on....I asked April, 'have you ever seen one of their shows?' She didn't think so, so we turned to it......serendipitously, it was the show with the famous 'Parrot" skit ....."he's not dead, he's just resting..."

April's familiar with that skit, we cracked up. What I was Really hoping to see, and didn't on that particular show, was one of the 'Battle Reenactment' skits they used to have......like 'the ladies of the Dorcester Garden Club re-enact the Battle of Waterloo'.....and then they'd have the Monty Python players, men dressed as elderly ladies, run at each other in a field and beat each other over the head with their pocketbooks. Always reduced me to helpless laughter :)

I watched a lot of Monty Python's Flying Circus 'back in the day' when I was 'the babysitter'. I was telling April, I think I watched late night TV during the 'golden years' of comedy.....I remember when Saturday Night Live Started (April said 'gosh, you Are OLD",lol) and I also used to catch a lot of Second City TV comedy shows

 
nowadays, the tradition of searching for comedy continues, with April frequently checking out comics on YouTube. I guess we're all just a bunch of 'goofs', in my family :)We just like to laugh.
 
For other family news, niece Charlotte is now 21 months old  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You always did have an odd sense of humor...

I never really got into Monty Python, but I did enjoy Fawlty Towers with John Cleese.

Anonymous said...

Oh my oh my, Brownie has grown SO MUCH, and so has Charlotte!  So big, comparatively.  Good thing for both, no doubt:)

Even my cats sometimes fall off the top of the couch.  More so if walked over by another one, but hey.

Sometimes, being a golden oldie is a good thing -- just watch out for your tooth.