Saturday, March 27, 2010

Interesting things that have been said in my house.....

"I thought the green beans were pork chops" (this was said by me today, because I didn't pay attention to what was in the Tupperware container...which is what started me on this train of thought.)

"so when do I pour the Jello into the boiling water?" (one of the kids, learning to cook)

"don't worry,Mom, the fire's out" (my oldest son, when he was 12, at the beginning of a phone call to me at work)

"does the clock go up? or down?" (one of the kids, referring to the daylight savings time change)

"I would do it myself if I knew how, but I don't know how,so I can't do it" (Tony, several years ago.....I think he married into the right family:)

there's more......which I remembered until, of course, I sat down to write this. If I know my Mom? she'll think of some goofy things I said when I was younger, in the comment section!

what interesting things have been said in Your house?

6 comments:

Linda Daley said...

Check our your "baby book" - lots of cute things in there that you said, and probably some strange ones, too! Love, Mom

Unknown said...

took the 'easy' comment route,huh,Mom?
lol:)

Leslie K. said...

"It's ok, Auntie...you didn't need that glass".

I will never forget that one..and it too was said over the phone, at the begining of the call, by someone who is now about to graduate from Basic Training in April - when he was five.

Unknown said...

Sounds not only like my house when I was going up, but my home now.

Unknown said...

Leslie...lol, thanks:)

and Laini? I don't comment enough, but have been keeping you and Mark in my prayers!

Tracy said...

I once had to ask (at 1ge 19) a kid that I was babysitting (who was 9) how to get the grilled cheese grilled on both sides. She gave me the great advice of flipping it over with a spatula...

I blame Mom. She never made me learn how to cook.