Saturday, October 17, 2009

Blessings along the way.......

We were so blessed in so many ways, during our recent ordeal (more my Husband's ordeal than mine, of course, no one cracked My chest open!)......

we were blessed that Tony had Not had a heart attack before the blockage was discovered, as the docs had said they're not sure he'd have survived it.

we were blessed that, although the blockages in his heart were so bad, there was no other damage to the Rest of his heart.

we were blessed that we Hadn't taken our vacation yet, to go to Michigan for my 30th reunion at one of my former high schools, so I still had some time left to take off from work.

we were blessed that the docs decided to admit him, and rearranged their surgery schedule to get his surgery done so quickly.

we were blessed by so many prayers and good wishes, from so many loving family and friends and co-workers.

we were blessed that my Mom is so tech-savvy, and kept so many folks updated for us, so I didn't have to worry about that.

we were blessed that I had a room provided for the whole visit, so that I didn't have to drive 2 1/2 hours to come home, and keep having to run back and forth.

we were blessed by so many random people in the hospital, like the nurse whose name I ever even knew, who went out of her way to tell me about the other hospital's cafeteria.....I just crossed paths with her several times, she wasn't even one of Tony's nurses......

or the folks who it turned out lived in the same area, who before they left from Their hospital stay, gave us better directions for how to drive home.....

my previously mentioned 'Angel' friend, who took time out of her weekend to do so much for both me, and Us :)

one of the most unexpected blessings, for me, was the last night of our stay (although I didn't know it was the last night at the time:).......
I had left Tony's room, and stopped at the drink machine to get a drink.....and heard the most beautiful piano music. There was a piano in the main lobby, and the atrium I was in on the second floor overlooked the lobby.......I looked down, and someone was playing the piano.

sat down to listen, and the person played for about half an hour, I just closed my eyes and listened to the beautiful melodies, and felt my cares sloughing off......a true moment that 'refreshed the soul'....a delightfully calming way to end that evening.

I could go on and on, we really felt the hand of the Lord covering us in so Many ways throughout this.........

but the bottom line for both of us was, for all the above and so many other reasons......we have felt Truly Blessed.

2 comments:

Leslie K. said...

and we are all blessed because you both came through with flying colors. My best to Tony and have fun at the reunion....

Unknown said...

thanks,Leslie:)
(didn't make the reunion,though...it was this weekend,a little Too soon after surgery! the nice thing is, lots of folks posting pics on Facebook from it:)