Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I was sent this that I wanted to share:

A Thanksgiving Prayer

"O God, when I have food,
help me to remember the hungry;

When I have work,
help me to remember the jobless;

When I have a home,
help me to remember those who have no home at all;

When I am without pain,
help me to remember those who suffer,

And remembering, help me to destroy my complacency;

Bestir my compassion,

and be concerned enough to help;

By word and deed,

those who cry out for what we take for granted.

Amen."

by Samuel Franklin Pugh
---------------------
When I Googled Samuel Franklin Pugh, I found the obituary of this amazing gentleman, who died at age 103 last year Here

and I went looking for the poem mentioned in his obituary.

For a Day of My Life by Samuel F. Pugh

This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will.

I can waste it, or use it for good, but what I do today is important because I am exchanging a day of my life for it.

When tomorrow comes this day will be gone forever, leaving behind in its place something that I have traded for it.

I want it to be gain and not loss,
good and not evil,
success and not failure,

in order that I shall not regret the price that I have paid for it.
------------

Wishing all my friends and family a Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

meili_lo said...

happy thanksgiving!

i saw you in one of the blogs i visited and thought of inviting you to my site. hope you can spend a portion of your blogging time to check it out and share you thoughts. would really appreciate it if you can.

http://shewritesyouwrite.blogspot.com/

thanks!