Sunday, September 4, 2011

Postcrossing

My longtime online friend Guido  has been using Postcrossing for several months , and recently I was finally inspired to join myself...Postcrossing is "a project that allows anyone to receive real postcards from random places in the world".

I'm excited because the first two of the 5 recent postcards I've sent have been received, which means that my name is now in the line-up for Me to receive some postcards (you have to send to receive, in a nutshell :)

The above pic is from a Fall drive Tony and I took in 2008, and I found a great deal on Vistaprint to get my own postcards printed (I'd used them before for address labels for Soldiers Angels mail) and so the above is my postcard!

A friend of mine was inspired to join Postcrossing even before I did, from a link I posted on Facebook, and she has come up with the wonderful idea of using a website to log pics of both her 'sent' and 'received' postcards, the website is Remembering Letters and Postcards

There is also a Postcrossing Blog 

and this is the First postcard that I sent out






4 comments:

ADB said...

You'll find it's quite addictive, Kathi - even after only 6 months on Postcrossing, I'm checking the mailbox every morning. Makes a difference from waiting for bills lol

Unknown said...

I didn't realize you'd only been on Postcrossing for 6 months, I thought you'd been doing it longer!! I am so excited to get my first postcard, can't wait :)thank you, again, for passing on the word about this!!

tsduff said...

Hi Kathi! I've been a member of Postcrossing for almost a year and I love it. Thanks for thinking of me - great minds think alike :) I love getting postcards in the mail and hearing from so many other parts of the world and picking out postcards to send.

Flag Gazer said...

Thank you for telling Kathi who told me!!!