Saturday, February 7, 2009

Finally Blogging the Hawaii trip:)




Well, it's only taken me a week,lol....but I had to upload pics and videos, and the week was just too busy to get it done most evenings.


(I'm going to split this post up between here and the 'Mail Call!' blog)


The above pic is a 'teaser' for you to click on the picture links, be warned! I had about 234 pictures from the 330 we took, to choose from to upload.....and then I got confused uploading them,LOL....but I tried to pick out the best ones.


Besides welcoming Dustin home at about 1:00 a.m. on Jan. 27th, while we were in Hawaii we also drove to the North Shore a few times, visited the USS Arizona memorial at Pearl Harbor, visited the Punchbowl Veteran's cemetery, and drove around Diamond Head to the eastern side of the island to take a hike up to the Makapuu Point lighthouse (pictured above)


even though it was often overcast and rainy and a little chilly (for Hawaii...we missed an ice storm back home while we were gone, so I'm Not complaining) Oahu was still absolutely beautiful, and we had a fabulous time!!!


so, here go the links:


The photos I posted on Facebook




(the link for album 2 will be on the other blog,it's mainly the welcome home pics)








(there's another album from Punchbowl cemetery, that link will be on the other blog......and the story will be over there)


Now, for the video links....I posted the videos we took on MySpace (I have been uploading pictures and videos half the day here,LOL.


The 'Welcoming Ceremony' video link I'll put on the Mail Call! blog, but here are some nice videos we took of beaches and waves:








waves crashing (we saw some Beautiful sights on our hike, and took several of these)









and this last one is of a beach near the lighthouse


a beach video (with a fire truck beeping as it backed up, towards the end of the video,lol)


well, I think that's got the 'blogging the Hawaii trip' covered! Enjoy!
The link to the Welcome Home part of the post is Here










3 comments:

cyndy said...

Thank you for sharing the wonderful pictures and video's of your trip and the welcome home video.Only one complaint about the welcome home video. It didn't last long enough lol!!I'm sorry my card didn't get to you on time. My friend was feeling off and its a lot easier and quicker to do it my self when she gets in one of her moods. But she is a good friend.So I shouldn't complain. Home your managing to keep warm. We are fed up with the heat it peaked at 50.6c on wednesday and its just to hot to sleep.I love the hot weather but 2 weeks non stop is a bit much even for me.I live in one of Australia's largest inland cities and Kangeroo's are coming in to the parks to get water much as the koala's.But not looking forward to winter. If I was you I'd have stayed in Hawaii lovely spot.I could have spent hours just looking at pictures.I don't think you posted too many :) Take care my friends Angel Hugs to you all. God Bless Soldier's Angel in OZ and your mate Cyndy

Leslie K. said...

What a wonderful post! Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I am glad Dustin is home, safe and sound....

Tracy said...

Love all the pics and video. I am sure it meant a lot to Dustin that you made it there to see him.